Wednesday 9 February 2011

Sew Fiddly - Take 2

I like this attempt infinitely more than the last. I just stitched a regular lace flower and beaded the centre with some seed beads and faux crystals. The rest of the process (wrapping the stem) was pretty much done in the same way as the first attempt - with floristry wire and ribbon. Whilst I like the feathers I still feel it's missing something. Whether it really does need a leaf of some sort or perhaps a spray of pearls, I don't know.

I managed to finish off the end of the stem a lot neater this time by using a bead and headpin as opposed to overwrapping with ribbon and floristry tape until the wrapping stopped slipping off (and the air was blue).


What do we think?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for following me - I'm now your newest follower too! Your blog looks super-cute and I'm already dreaming of this little flower on a headband... :o)

    ReplyDelete