Thursday 27 May 2010

Dresses, dresses, dresses!

I've just booked my first appointment to go and try on wedding dresses. It's not until 13th July, though. I could've gone sooner but she's getting new styles in at the end of June so I said I'd wait.

I'm both excited and worried. What if I look hideous in everything?

I spent yesterday being driven around - by the mother-in-law and father-in-law to be - trying to find fabric shops after I had a reply from the seamstress about the bridesmaids dresses. I am definitely going with this one

The fabrics she said I have to look at are chiffon (what the dress in the pic is), georgette, crepe de chine, crepe or a very soft satin (though I doubt I will subject my bridesmaids to a clingy satin). She correctly predicted that I might not know these fabrics very well so I'm going to see her on Wednesday morning to see some samples. I also need to ask about linings as she didn't mention how much fabric I would need for that. She's also making the men's tie things (do I mean a cravat?) and some wraps for the bridesmaids. However, the fabrics she's mentioned all seem very sheer. Too sheer for the ties?! I'll ask her on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment