Sunday 2 May 2010

Hair Raising

I thought a friend's party last night would be a good opportunity to try out a mobile hairdresser. She curled my hair entirely with straighteners and some spray! It was the first time I'd ever had it curled. My hair is notorious for not being able to hold a curl. I felt a bit poodle-like to begin with but that's partly because I'm not used to having curly hair. My hair ended up fairly short with the curls so I would've needed to make sure it was no shorter than my current length if at the time of the wedding if I went with this style. It did look good and felt really neat and tight at the beginning of the night. However, within about an hour, the bottom layer of curls was starting to drop and by the end of the night the front was dropping out too. Although it lasted an evening without too much worry about the curl drop, I doubt that it would last the day AND evening of the wedding. It's no fault of the hairdresser, just my heavy hair. Next time, I think I'll try a pin-up. An "up-do" would probably work better with a veil anyway.
Pictures for evidence...



2 comments:

  1. It does look adorable, but I agree an updo would be the least worry day of and last the longest...

    ReplyDelete