Thursday 27 January 2011

The big reveal...

*cue red carpet and paps*

*opens envelope*


The new venue isssss...Gisborough Hall.


I swear people are going to assume that's a typo on the invites because it's Gisborough Hall in Guisborough.

Given that Gisborough Hall is Jacobean in style I've been researching some images that might come in handy at some point. Seems Jacobites were big on embroidery which I can't imagine myself being fantastic at. The basic patterns are quite pretty though.


I actually have a stamp that's almost identical to the second image there (the oval). From what I can gather, these images would often be paired with stripes as a base. I might be wrong but, hey, it looks good!

Expect I'll probably spend the remainder of my afternoon doodling Jacobean style borders now.

No comments:

Post a Comment