Saturday 27 March 2010

Bridesmaids

I have three bridesmaids; Jo (friend and Maid of Honour), Kate (sister) and Emma (friend - over the moon for this friend at the moment as she got engaged yesterday).

I'm unsure as to whether the dresses will be bought from the shop or made based on a design I like. My Maid of Honour had her wedding dress, four bridesmaids dresses and all of the cravats made by a woman just around the corner from where I live and all for much less than the price of the wedding dress she had tried on in the shop. This woman works out of her house and was very flexible to when Jo needed people fitting. I didn't live in the area at the time and one of her bridesmaids was pregnant so she fitted her right at the last minute. My sister also lives miles away.
Anyway - I saw this in a magazine and looked it up online at Jasmine Bridal:




I can't find a price for it so I suppose you would have to go to the stockists. The colour on the left is actually "Bordeaux" which I pictured in my head as a deep red. The colour on the left is "Exotic Fushia" and a little too light possibly. Given that it's a drop from the bust (is that a princess or empire line?) I think it could suit all three bridesmaids. The back of the dress is quite low so I think if I had it made to similar specifications I would alter it to be higher and more supportive for optional bras. (Sidenote - When Jo got married, she and all four of us bridesmaids were adamant we would need a bra. The woman making the dresses was saying we wouldn't and we would be surprised! We remained sceptical to the point of searching for the perfect strapless bra and none of us needed one in the end. The dresses were very supportive, though boned, which this dress is not).
For some reason I can't add the picture showing the back so you would need to click on the link to see.

2 comments: