Thursday 25 March 2010

Photographer (BOOKED!)

We also have our photographer. We investigated for ourselves and were stunned at how expensive this part would be. One wanted £2000 for just the day time. Of course, that included albums, but still!

In the end, one of our friends told us about the photographer she had who she couldn't fault. We called them up and they came out to our house almost immediately. They're a lovely couple and he does most of the photography but she comes to help out too! They were really friendly and I told them about my "staged photo" concerns. Namely that I look like a muppet when I know I'm having my photo taken. I want to go with the more candid shots. We will be having the basic set-up photos as I think I'd regret not having any at all but I told them it will be "just follow us around and see what you get". They are nowhere near the £2000 mentioned above by the way.

When they came over we were able to look through albums from previous weddings and they showed us all the sizes available. We also get all the proofs in a box, a couple of framed prints and a DVD set to music (not as bad as it sounds and I'm a sucker for a montage) as well as our albums. The best bit is that they'll be with me when I'm getting ready and then go ahead to the venue to snap Simon beforehand whilst I finish up and they'll be there right until we tell them to go home at the end of the night!

I liked that they came to us! We had to scour the streets for some of the galleries we had appointments at.

No comments:

Post a Comment