Thursday 25 March 2010

The Venue (BOOKED!)

Pinchinthorpe Hall


This is our venue. It's not to everyone's tastes but we like it. It was one of the first ones we saw and the moment I walked in the door I felt comfortable. It's a country house and it's just over a mile away from our house and under ten minutes for Simon on the day.

Unlike so many other venues we had looked at which hold more than one wedding a day, I will be the only bride. We also get the run of the place. The ceremony will be held inside the manor and the wedding breakfast and the evening reception will be held in the pretty marquee. The guests will also have two bars available. One inside with the snug rooms and one in the marquee. There is no change-over issue and having to find places to go whilst they do it. The grounds are lovely and plenty of photo opportunities can be had.


The wedding co-ordinator is a doll! He reminds me (well, Simon) of this guy:
Franck from Father of the Bride! I think he is almost as excited as I am for our wedding.
The wallpapers are epic in the bedrooms and nothing matches. There are stuffed animal heads on the wall but it's a country house! I'm sure some people will wonder what I was thinking when I booked it but it's got the "feel-it-factor", people. Everytime I've been back since my first visit I've loved it even more than before.

Bullet points:
  • Distance - 2 miles max for me, about 8 miles for Simon.
  • Cost - Average, plus we get two complimentary rooms on the night of the wedding and Simon and I get a complimentary room there on our 1 year anniversary! We also get a DJ in with the price.

  • Local B&B's/Hotels - Only 6 rooms in the house but close to a Premier Inn and other sources of accommodation.
  • The size - The ceremony room is fairly small and we will have to extend into the room behind it, but not by much and you'll still hear the vows and everything. The marquee is very large and we also have use of the outside seating areas (as it's summer) and the snugs in the manor.

  • The food -Good selection of menus and we get to pick two options and have our guests pick. We had seen so many venues where one option was for everyone.

  • The "feel it factor" - I feel it. I feel it good.

Did I mention the wallpaper is epic?












No comments:

Post a Comment