Thursday 4 November 2010

It ain't easy being green

I finally tried to take photos of the fabric I've decided on for the bridesmaids dresses. As a reminder, this is the dress we're having made for our three bridesmaids:

Now, the photo of the fabric I've chosen isn't really true to colour. It's kind of an olivey/sage and it's chiffon. We've got it ordered from Dainty Supplies in Washington and it's code G75. As with all things I seem to choose, this fabric is discontinued now but yay me for getting one of the last rolls. It was pure fluke we saw it, too.


I know what you're thinking. Pea soup, right? Or other yukky colour. I swear it's a lot nicer when you're holding it and looking at it. Plus, remember the green satin that I posted when I was looking earlier in the year? It's the exact same colour code as that so we've ordered the satin from Anglian Fashion Fabrics (as, surprise, surprise it's discontinued) to use for the men's cravats and maid's wraps. It really lifts the colour even if the following photo suggests otherwise:

Now, I am fully aware that our wedding is in August which has all the potentional to be a summer month. I have noted I'm using a "dull" colour for the dresses. I think it's just a nice natural colour which will suit all of my maid's, no matter what hair colour and green is timeless and fits with the venue. However, I do realise I'm now going to have to try very hard to liven up the colour scheme a little. I'm almost certain I'll be going with ivory (to match waistcoats and my dress - which I still haven't found) and a nice rich "Cadbury's" purple!

No comments:

Post a Comment