Sunday 14 November 2010

A rant!

There are two aspects of my wedding that I am NOT looking forward to sorting. These are the dress and the hair/make-up. Actually, there are probably three in total considering I'm already having anxiety attacks about being photographed in the dress and wearing the hair/make-up. Our photographer is lovely and we're going with him on recommendations from friends that have used them but I still loathe photographs of myself. DWP Photography for those interested in finding a local photographer. He and his wife came out to our home with all their album styles and they were so chatty and relaxed. I get a really good feeling he'll give me more of the candid shots that I crave rather than the staged ones.

Anyway, back to the problems.

1. The Dress.

Urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I have been putting it off continuously despite the best efforts of my MoH who reminds me regularly that some dresses take 6-8 months to order and I have less than 9 until the wedding. You would think that would be an OK time frame but I also have to find it before I can order it. I have been completely put off wedding dress shopping since trying on a few when I first got engaged. NOTHING suited me and I couldn't pick anything I liked because they were all too small. I was struggling to get into a size 24! I think I need to go to an army style bootcamp and shed all the weight I put on at the beginning of this year if only I wasn't still too poorly. Dieting + long-term illnesses = uncomputable things. I'm sure Simon is turning into a feeder.

I can't find any dresses I like with sleeves (cap sleeves are too short- I want half or 3/4). Even with a slimmer frame I would still want sleeves for coverage and the fact I dislike the top of my left arm. Some of the ladies I've chatted to at wedding fayres insist I won't want sleeves because it'll make me look even bigger and if I do I'll have to go with a shrug. I've seen some with full sleeves but they were completely plain dresses with high necks.

I've said I'll look after Christmas (yes, after too many mince pies) but it gives me palpitations just thinking about it.

2. Hair & Make-up

No matter how I wear my hair, it looks awful. I have a fringe so I can get away with wearing it up but my fringe goes sparse and weird after a few hours. One hairdresser told me to grow it out because no wedding styles suit fringes but I think it stops my face from looking as chubby. I cannot wear my hair down as it's too fine (but there's lots of it) so it's flat as a pancake at the roots and frizzy at the ends. No amount of volumising on mine or the hairdressers part can rectify this. It looks like lego snap-on triangle hair when I wear it down. My hair does NOT hold curl at all. I've been avoiding the hairdressers altogether. Haven't had it cut since last November - eek, that's a year now isn't it - and I hack away at my own fringe to keep it short enough to see. I also need to sort the colour before the wedding day.

Make-up wise, I'm so pale I could use tippex for foundation. Also, I have really piggy eyes so I look squinty in photographs. I had on full make-up last night and looking at a photograph that was taken I look like I'm wearing none. I want the make-up on the wedding day to give me a really lovely bridal glow but it just seems like make-up slips off me. I want it to be noticable but not clownish.

I had a make-up trial done at the MTH wedding fayre which looked nice when it was first done but ran within about an hour. I wasn't even as hot and bothered as I'll probably be on the day!

I was hoping to have hair and make-up sorted before Christmas but it doesn't look like that will happen. I think I'd like to use someone who does hair for more than just weddings so I can go to them between now and the day for colours and trims.

The reason I'm fretting about this is because I'm aware that time is passing and I'll end up not getting booked with anyone at all. August is a busy month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment